The growth at Blue Jacket continues! We are hiring for an Operations Manager. The person we choose for this opening directly to the Director of Operations. This position primarily oversees the operations of the Transportation Division, Fantasy of Lights Division, and the Historic Embassy Theatre Division.
· Assists in program planning, development and implementation.
· Supervises all staff, providing annual performance reviews in each division.
· Monitors program compliance and evaluates program effectiveness.
· Assesses the quality of programs as specified by management and reports accordingly.
· Investigates, offers solutions, then implements methods for increased efficiency and production.
· Prepares and assists in the preparation of budgets and monitors program fiscal activities.
· Assists in marketing of program to participants, community, and referral sources.
· Monitors the division’s policies and procedures.
· Oversees the scheduling of transitional employees, whom are Blue Jacket clients, for the Fantasy of Lights and Embassy jobs.
· Oversee the maintenance and upkeep of the building and grounds, supervising maintenance and janitorial staff.
· Work with Embassy and Fantasy of Lights staff on remedying problems or barriers.
· Oversees the routes and scheduling of drivers and riders for the shuttling transportation program.
· Works with Blue Jacket Staffing personnel to make the best match for transitional employment.
· Is cross-trained in all other divisions of the organization including the Blue Jacket Clothing Co., the Career Academy, Blue Jacket Staffing, and property management.
· Assists in the development of marketing materials.
· Develops and maintains training processes in all divisions.
· Prepares statistical and financial reports when necessary.
· Assists in the oversight of the adjacent urban garden.
· Assists in remedying issues related to property management, maintenance and security of the building and grounds.
· A minimum of a Bachelor Degree and/or equivalent experience of five (5) years in management or related fields.
· A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation is required.
· Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, in a professional way with co-workers and participants.
· Ability to effectively communicate with participants and field employees and family members.
· Ability to work with a spectrum of personalities in an objective manner.
· Possess excellent documentation and record keeping skills.
· Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of all department records and information.
· Possess knowledge of standard policies and practices, legal procedures, complete required case reports, makes recommendations, and apply and adapt procedure as the case demands.
· Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office programs.
Incumbent is responsible for the oversight and evaluation of programs including those that produce the services; staff, volunteers, and interns. Incumbent is responsible for the training and placement of program participants and expedited customer service delivered to employers.
Does this sound like you? Email your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.