The Career Academy is a two-week, 40-hour training program in which Blue Jacket provides job-readiness training - the soft skills that go anywhere with you! As a result for graduating, we also provide transitional jobs, job placement, and pre- and post-placement services including education, skills and interest assessments, and personal and professional development.
- Identifying skills and abilities
- How to earn trust through time and effort
- How to make a good first impression
- How to set goals and make them SMART (Specific, Measurable, Action-oriented, Realistic, Time-managed)
- Improving job searching strategies & tips for breaking into the hidden job market
- Tips for filling out employment applications
- How to sell oneself and appropriately discuss a criminal background
- Building a resume, cover letter, and reference sheet
- Expanding your network through employer roundtables
- Mock interviewing with professionals from the community
- Career and personality assessments to create a Career Action Plan
- Hands-on simulated work projects
Mondays – 10 a.m.
Tuesdays – 2 p.m.
Wednesdays – 10 a.m.
Thursdays – 2 p.m.
Fridays – 10 a.m. & 2 p.m.
Questions? Contact us at (260) 744-1900.
Want to learn more? Set up an appointment electronically.
Powered by GoReminders